8 Questions to Ask Any Real Estate Agent
1. How Long Have You Been in Business? Pretty much any average person could decide they want to get their license today, and have that license in their mailbox a month later. Because of this, your Real Estate Agent's experience is VERY important. A new Agent will learn a LOT their first year, and will continue to learn more with every transaction.
Helen Riggins has been a Real Estate Agent since 1976. In 1991 Helen's independent real estate company converted to RE/MAX at the Lake and has been growing ever since.
2. Are You a REALTOR®? Not all Real Estate Agents are REALTOR's®. Members of the National Association of Realtors have to adhere to a strict code of ethics, or otherwise face having their membership revoked.
Helen Riggins is a REALTOR® (To earn a designation, of REALTOR® a real estate agent has taken coursework and demonstrated specific skills, performance and knowledge in a particular area of the real estate industry.) Helen is a member of the National Association of Realtors, the Missouri Association of Realtors and the Lake of the Ozarks Board of Realtors giving her access to the MLS (Multiple Listing Service) giving her access to almost every home for sale around Lake of the Ozarks.
3. What Certifications do you hold? There is an "alphabet soup" of advanced certifications that Real Estate Agents can earn. While it doesn't automatically mean that they are a good Agent, it does mean they are serious about their job. Keep an eye out for GRI - this is the most time consuming certification to obtain.
Helen Holds the Following Designations:
ABR ~ Accedited Buyer Representitive CLHMS ~ Certified Luxury Home Marketing Specialist
CRS ~ Certified Residential Specialist GRI ~ Graduate Realtor Institute
4. What is Your Specialty? Real Estate Agents typically categorize themselves as either "commercial" or "residential" which are vastly different.
Although Helen mainly works in the Residential field, she is profecient in the Commercial Area as well.
5. Can I Have a List of Your Past Customers?
Some Client Testimonials are available on this website as well and copies can be made available.
6. How Many sales Did You Complete Last Year? A good agent will complete at least 25 sales per calendar year. You want to make sure that the agent helping you through the largest purchase or sale of your life is a GOOD agent.
Helen has completed an average of 64 closings in each of the past 10 years.
7. What is your position in the Company?
Helen is the Broker/Owner of RE/MAX at the Lake.
8. Is This Your Full Time Job? It is surprising how many people are willing to let their office mate down the hall handle the purchase or sale of their home. You need someone who handles real estate transactions full-time, day in and day out, to make sure that your best interests are taken care of.
Helen works full time in real estate.
Finding a Real Estate Agent Doesn't Have to be Difficult just make sure you find your agent through a trusted source, and ask any Agent these important questions.
© 2001-2018 Reliance Network and RE/MAX Kansas-Missouri.
All rights reserved. US Reg. Copyright TX-5-910-991, TX-5-910-992, TX-5-910-993, and TX-5-910-994.
Each RE/MAX® Office is Independently Owned and Operated. Equal Housing Opportunity.
The Miracle Home® Program, exclusive to RE/MAX LLC., allows a RE/MAX Associate to make a donation on behalf of each transaction to Children's Miracle Network. The partnership underscores Sales Associate involvement in the communities in which they live and serve. RE/MAX Sales Associates are unique in that a majority of the donations received by Children's Miracle Network from RE/MAX are the result of Associates' hard work rather than solicited from customers.